DISTRICTS: Design your own literacy P.D. opportunities–OR–choose from our “menu” of offerings below.
Talk to your regional coordinator about how we can help make it happen!
Professional Development Menu
These are not “canned” professional development opportunities but carefully vetted options that we believe will help district administrators and teachers improve learning opportunities. Here are some of the highlights. Please view/download the Professional Development Menu / Overview for additional information.
- Integrating writing (e.g., writing blogs) into reading instruction
- Implementing instructional discussions with reading
- The 6 major skill sets in reading, and using effective practices in each area.
- Cognitive Coaching ™: Strategies for engaging in deeper, more productive communication.
- Mentor training: Help newer (or struggling) teachers through effective mentoring relationships
- True Colors ™: identifying personality types and learning strategies for better communication and collaboration
- Reading instruction across content areas, aligned with state-adopted content standards
- “Work Out” – Facilitating a culture change to identify and overcome barriers to instruction.
Presentations from Select P.D. Sessions
Download these presentations to review content from select professional development trainings.